Monday, January 30, 2012

Update for Monday, January 30th, 2012

"Sit down and put down everything that comes into your head and then you're a writer. But an author is one who can judge his own stuff's worth, without pity, and destroy most of it." -- Collette

In this post, we have an update, in which I give Chapter Seven the bum's rush out of my new book; my new favorite steampunk joke; and a link to something cool I saw on the news this morning.

So, the week went fairly well, though I seem to be suffering from what I can only call Whack-a-Mole management:  beat one problem into submission and another pops up either too close for comfort or directly in the way.

I spent some of Monday doing the last update to the Turning Springs blog, and finished working with MGC, specifically Chapter Seven.  All done and finished.  Whack!

Pop! Thought about it all day Tuesday and realized the direction it was taking MGC was completely wrong.  So, say hello to my lil' friend, and away it went.  2.5 hours down the drain, but a minor victory; I now know which way MGC won't be heading.  Whack!

Pop! Wednesday, I set MGC aside long enough to do the 1st Revision on OSV.  That's good news and all, but there is this sobering point:  it's been so long since I seriously revised something (about two years since the Turning Springs revisions) that I've completely forgotten the process I set up to do that.  I know what it is, but I'm writing it down this time.  As I do it.  Whack!

I think I need bigger hammers or smaller moles. 

Moving on...to my new favorite steampunk joke:  Steampunk is what happens when Goths discover brown.  (from someone in a Goth society in southern California). 

And the cool link to a CBS story about a newly repaired automaton that can beautifully write poems in two different languages.  Find it here


Back to the grindstone.  Check this space Sunday.  Or maybe...Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Love the joke. Imagine if they discovered pink, save the retina's.

    Good luck this coming week, John :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gene. As for pink, I have seen my granddaughter's bedroom in the full of morning light. That? That's eye pain.

      Delete