Monday, January 23, 2012

Update for Monday, January 23, 2012

Well, it's been two months.  What's new?  Glad I asked.

I got very little done in the last two months of 2011, with Christmas and New Year's and the preparation for those days and relatives over and, well, you name it and it got done.  Except for the writing. 

One thing that did get done is a review of my accomplishments for 2011.  Were there any?  Mmm, yeah, a few.  Enough to be satisfied?  Nnnnnope.  So I went ahead and set some goals, reachable goals when both of my time clock jobs, an active family life, and snow shoveling (really?  after two months with barely a hint of snow, it starts now?) are considered. 

How'm I doing?  Great.  (Okay, not so good on the update post on Thursdays, but still...) I'm about 3 hours ahead now (okay, 2 after the missed post on Thursday), but I think I'll need that cushion toward the end of the quarter. 

Details?  The rough of the short project, abbreviated to OSV, is done.  It's currently sitting until this Wednesday when I start the first revision.  Looking forward to that.  I like revisions.  Hoist the black flag and start cutting.

I've blocked the first six scenes of the long project, MGC, on the way to blocking the first half of the work by February 19th.  It's going very well.  Got me a rhythm going.  Always better with rhythm. 

I have another blog called Knews Not News that I'm considering killing off to save some time.  However, one of my few readers would like me to continue.  So far, she's the only one who's responded to a call on the KNN blog itself.  How about you?  Think I should keep it going?  Review a few of the old posts and let me know in the comments here or at KNN or via email.  Before February 15th, please.

I'm also reformatting Turning Springs to take advantage of some improvements that Smashwords has made to their submission software.  Should make for a much nicer presentation of the e-book.  I'm also going to set up a paper copy through print-on-demand site WordClay.  I'm expecting that will be done by the end of the quarter, if not sooner.  I'm almost done with the e-book work. 

So, not strides forward, but grown-up steps.  I'm pleased so far. 

Let me know what you think and thanks for reading!  I'll be back Thursday with another post.

2 comments:

  1. Progress is progress, my friend. Keep that great attitude and things are sure to work out in the long term. I'll pop over to KNN and take a look. Probably won't get to comment there until later in the day.

    Have a great day. Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks for the looksee.

    ReplyDelete