Monday, June 25, 2012

Farewell, Blogger

It occurs to me that I never let anyone know that I have another vehicle for blogging which replaces this one.  I've had some complaints about its usability, and really, I've been using this more for lots of different things rather than just Turning Springs news, so I wanted to incorporate more than just that. 

(Okay, I'll admit it, this hasn't exactly been a banner year for Turning Springs news so far, anyway.  It's like someone handed whichever god of mischief you prefer to name a list of my goals.  I can hear him/her now:  "Oooh, let's make his teeth rot!  Let's make his grass grow during a drought!  Summer colds!  Let's turn his dog pink!  That tree in the back yard looks rickety!  I know, let's put the loss of his day job on the horizon.  That should be an interesting six months.  Stick that in your goals and smoke it, you shmuck!"  For Pete's sake, I don't mind if John Lennon was right about life and other plans, I mind that he was so absolutely right.  Showoff.)

So, rather than tinkering with a system that people don't like to use, I decided to move the whole shootin' match to WordPress.  In addition, since it's more about what's in my head than just Turning Springs (quotes and comments and other writings), I sprang for the custom web address, too.  The new address is http://johnchristianhager.com/ Right now, the blog is a little clunky and awkward, because I'm still new to it, but I'll get my head around that, too.  I'm not sure I like the theme.  Comments on the new blog, please?

One of the things I'd like to do is put a Random Page on the new blog with something recent I've written.  Just a couple of hundred words changed every couple of weeks.  Could even be a poem.  Anybody interested?  I've also been besieged by a steampunk serial and a zombie serial, of all things.  That's along with my novel in progress, marketing materials in progress for Turning Springs (still available here) and a new short project I'm going to shop around.

Sheesh, that's a lot to do.  Better get busy.  Thanks, and don't forget to bookmark the new blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment