Thursday, April 14, 2011

Passing Landmarks

More than one, in fact.  It has been a year since Turning Springs was released.  While sales haven't been spectacular, trends I see in the media are very encouraging.  Fantasy and simplicity are in; the less explaining you have to do, the better, especially when selling entertainment to busy people.  Haven't seen anything about a reboot of Wild Wild West, but I suppose that isn't far off, since it appears that everything else is being rebooted.  A few more marketing things to try with Turning Springs, perhaps registration of that and other works on different platforms might be the key.  And yes, I'm planning a print-on-demand copy of Turning Springs.  Get seen, then get known. 

The long project I've been working on is taking longer than expected, as are they all.  I only get about six hours a week to work on any of this stuff and most weeks I don't even get that.  I'm upbeat, though; all steps are steps forward and that's always the right direction.  I'm still slogging through a pile of notes and that's taking a lot of time.  I'll get it done.

The short project passed a landmark today:  I finished roughing out the plot and the chronology.  Fill out the settings and the characters and I hope to have well in hand by Memorial Day.  It will not be a free distribution as stated before. 

And, I updated the blog.  That's good news, too.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment