Thursday, March 10, 2011

HOW'D I DO? WK ENDING MAR 10, 2011

Although I didn't get a full week done on any projects, I did get something done on everything.

Long Project

With so many notes to organize and use, I was getting a little flummoxed. So I set up a spreadsheet to place the notes by character/group. Spacing between cells gives me the order in which each item will appear, while coloring some cells allows for combining groups that interact with each other. It's making a lot of things clear in a big hurry. There isn't much space to write in each cell, which actually helps. NEXT STEPS: Continue populating the spreadsheet and get through the beginning section.

Short Project

This is going really well. Scene 6 of nine is blocked and it's pivotal, by which I mean that the character turns in a different direction on the scene. I have a blank for each scene that records the critical info for each one, like characters that appear, the time, the setting, who gets what they want, who doesn't, among other things.... It's a really nice way of keeping the info at hand and judging the ebb and flow of the work in general, something that's really important for me at this stage of the process. NEXT STEPS: I'd sooo like to finish the blocking next week. I doubt it will happen, but I'm sure going to try.

Marketing

I've renewed a bunch of ads this week, but not much else got done. I also changed much of the ad text to reflect a tighter, more content-based message. I'm hoping that works a little better. The other version started to sound like a brochure. NEXT STEPS: add/edit more ads and download and begin to read the Smashwords Marketing Guide. I need a few pointers.

Summary

Not a great week, but okay. Hoping for a better week next week. TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment